Destiny 2: The Witch Queen, the fourth annual expansion for Destiny 2, sends Guardians to Savathun's Throne World in search of answers. Savathun has somehow taken the Light for herself and her Lucent Brood of Hive. Players will need to fight against Hive Guardians to earn new items, unlock weapon crafting, and much more.
As with any new Destiny expansion, this content drop is rich with new activities, items, and collectibles to chase. Whether you're a casual player or a hardcore enthusiast, The Witch Queen has something for everyone. This hub page contains all of our high-quality guides and tier lists to help you progress your character, master this expansion's new systems, and create the perfect Guardian. Use the table of contents below to jump to any section that interests you. We'll be updating this guide continuously throughout the year with new guides and seasonal content, so check back often.
Updated June 28th, 2022, by Charles Burgar: Season of the Haunted is now on its sixth week, releasing the final Sever mission and Bound in Sorrow quest steps. Players can dive into the Crucible this week with double Valor earnings, complete a new set of Seasonal Challenges, and continue the grind towards unlocking weapon frames. Since not much is happening this week, now is a great time to start chasing titles, find collectibles, and complete this season's dungeon. We'll have title and collectible guides up in the coming days. Stay tuned.
Table Of Contents
|Current Season And Expansion|
|Season Of The Haunted||The Witch Queen|
|Seasonal Guides||Weapon Crafting|
|Dungeon Guides||Content Guides|
|Past Seasons And DLC|
|Season Of The Risen||Bungie 30th Anniversary|
|Seasonal Guides||Content Guides|
Season Of The Haunted: Progression
Growing in strength is a core part of every Destiny 2 content update, and The Witch Queen is no exception. With Savathun's Lucent Brood now having access to the Light, it's time to raise your Power level, earn some powerful items, and take the fight straight to Savathun's Throne World. And for those just joining with Season of the Haunted, you'll want to know how leveling works in this game.
- Which Class Should I Play First?
- Destiny 2: How To Reach Max Power Level Quickly
- Beginner Basics (Changing Subclasses, Joining A Clan, Etc.)
- A Complete Guide To Armor 2.0
- How To Reach 1,570 Power Level Quickly
- Solar 3.0 Guide
- Void 3.0 Guide
- Nightmare Harvester Artifact Guide
- How To Get Adept Weapons
- How To Increase Your Vanguard Rank
- How To Increase Your Crucible Valor And Glory Ranks
- How To Increase Your Gambit Infamy Rank
- How To Increase Your Gunsmith Rank
Resource Farming Guides
- How To Farm XP Fast
- How To Farm Glimmer Fast
- Where To Find Every Planetary Material & How To Farm Them
- Every Possible Way To Obtain Bright Dust
- Every Possible Way To Obtain Upgrade Modules
- Every Possible Way To Obtain Enhancement Cores
- Every Possible Way To Obtain Enhancement Prisms
- Every Possible Way To Obtain Ascendant Shards
Season Of The Haunted Seasonal Challenges
Season Of The Haunted: Builds
Void 3.0 and Solar 3.0 have given their respective subclasses the Aspects and Fragments system we previously saw with Stasis. And thanks to weapon crafting, obtaining the gear you want should be the easiest it's ever been. Buildcrafting has become more important than ever before, and the payoff for creating a build has never been greater.
We've updated our build guides to take full advantage of the new Artifact mods and Fragments released with this expansion and recent seasons. Use the power of Combat Style mods, the 3.0 subclasses, and this expansion's new offerings to create the ultimate Guardian.
Destiny 2 Builds
|Hunter||The Best Hunter Builds For PvP And PvE|
|Warlock||The Best Warlock Builds For PvP And PvE|
|Titan||The Best Titan Builds For PvP And PvE|
Buildcrafting in Destiny 2 can be daunting with the sheer array of options you have. Learning about mod synergies, ability cooldowns, and what functions in PvE and PvP is downright impossible if you don't play Destiny 2 for dozens of hours each week. That's where our guides come in. We've tested various mechanics and mods in Destiny 2 and recorded how they work. Want to know how strong Firepower is? Check out our Charged with Light mods article. Interested in what every ability cooldown is? We have that too. We'll be adding to this subsection as needed to help you make the perfect build.
- Super Tiers Explained & All Ability Cooldowns
- Every Buff And Debuff Explained
- Damage Resistance Explained
- An In-Depth Look At Weapon Stats
- Airborne Effectiveness Explained
Combat Style Mod Guides
|Combat Style||Mechanic Explained||Every Mod Explained|
|Charged with Light||Charged With Light Explained||Every Charged With Light Mod Explained|
|Warmind Cells||Warmind Cells Explained||Every Warmind Cell Mod Explained|
|Elemental Wells||Elemental Wells Explained||Every Elemental Well Mod Explained|
Season Of The Haunted: Gear
Aboard the Leviathan's corrupted halls are some of the Cabal's strongest weapons. Conquer the horrors within to earn new spoils and reclaim some of Destiny 2's most iconic weapons from the Menagerie. Austringer, Beloved, and The Epicurean are just a few returning weapons—complete with new perk pools and support for The Witch Queen's weapon crafting system. Grow fat from strength.
- Every New Weapon In Season Of The Haunted
- Every New Exotic Added In Season Of The Haunted
- How To Get Trespasser Exotic Catalyst
- The Best Rolls For The New Season Of The Haunted Weapons
- The Best Rolls For The New Season Of The Haunted World-Drop, Iron Banner, And Trials Weapons
- The Best Rolls For The New Duality Dungeon Weapons
Season Of The Haunted: Seasonal Guides
Calus' Leviathan has been uncovered in the Moon's orbit. Empress Caiatl, Zavala, and the Crow are all haunted by their deepest Nightmares. Descend into the abandoned Leviathan, eliminate the Scorn within, and send the Nightmares back from whence they came. Use the guides below to learn more about this season's matchmade activity, secrets, and much more.
- Nightmare Containment Guide
- Crown of Sorrow Progression Guide
- Opulent Chest Locations & Opulent Key Farm
Season Of The Haunted: Duality Dungeon Guides
Season 17 comes with one of this year's three-player dungeons. Set aboard the Leviathan, the Duality dungeon has new and returning gear, a new armor set, and a Master difficulty variant that can drop Artifice armor—arguably the best Legendary armor in the game. Check out our guide on the Duality dungeons and the best gear you can find from each encounter.
The Witch Queen: Gear
Use the bones of your enemies to craft the devastating Osteo Striga, or assist the Cabal with their war against the Hive to obtain some powerful new seasonal items. A new Destiny expansion means there's new loot to chase, and there's no shortage of loot in this expansion. Over 50 new weapons have been added, some of which can be crafted. Check out our guides below on what has been added this expansion, which rolls to grind for, and the best options for each weapon type.
The Witch Queen Gear
- The Best Rolls For The Witch Queen Weapons
- The Best Rolls For The New Season Of The Risen Weapons
- How To Get The Reckless Endangerment Shotgun
- What Are Origin Traits?
- How Do Glaives Work?
- How To Earn Exotic Catalysts And What All Of Them Do
Gear Tier Lists
Grenade Launchers(Special and Heavy)
Linear Fusion Rifles(Heavy)
Exotic Armor Tier Lists
|Class||Exotic Tier Lists|
|Hunter||The Best Exotics For Hunters|
|Warlock||The Best Exotics For Warlocks|
|Titan||The Best Exotics For Titans|
The Witch Queen: Weapon Crafting
The Darkness bestows a gift that Destiny fans have wanted for years: weapon crafting. Through Mars' Enclave, Guardians can create powerful weapons with the exact perks they want, right down to the Masterwork. There's a ton to cover with a system such as this, so be sure that you understand the fundamentals first. We'll have more weapon crafting guides in the coming days that discuss how the crafting economy works, which weapons you should craft, and more.
- A Complete Guide To Weapon Crafting
- Craftable God Rolls Worth The Grind
- How To Farm Weapon XP Fast
- How To Farm Neutral Element
- Every Possible Way To Obtain Ascendant Alloys
The Witch Queen: Content Guides
The queen of deceit has riddled her Throne World with secrets for Guardians to uncover. The new Deepsight mechanic and Destiny's typical obsession with collectibles will surely give players enough reason to search every nook and cranny of the High Coven. Until then, you'll need to prepare by clearing The Witch Queen's campaign, stocking up on Exotic armor from Legendary Lost Sectors, and much more. We'll have walkthroughs for this expansion's campaign and its various secrets in the near future. Until then, check out our other content guides that cover everything from Lost Sectors to raids.
Legendary Campaign Walkthrough
- The Arrival Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Investigation Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Ghosts Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Communion Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Mirror Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Cunning Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Last Chance Legendary Mission Walkthrough
- The Ritual Legendary Mission Walkthrough
The Witch Queen Secrets
Master Lost Sector Guides
|Savathun's Throne World|
|Dungeon||Complete Guide||Solo Flawless Tips|
|Shattered Throne||Shattered Throne Dungeon Guide||Solo Flawless Shattered Throne Tips|
|Pit of Heresy||Pit Of Heresy Dungeon Guide||Solo Flawless Pit Of Heresy Tips|
|Prophecy||Prophecy Dungeon Guide||Solo Flawless Prophecy Tips|
|Grasp of Avarice||Grasp Of Avarice Guide||Solo Flawless Grasp Of Avarice Tips (Coming Soon)|
- A Complete Guide To The Vow Of The Disciple Raid
- A Complete Guide To The Vault Of Glass Raid
- A Complete Guide To The Deep Stone Crypt Raid
Flawless(Trials of Osiris)
Disciple-Slayer(Vow of the Disciple)
Risen(Season of the Risen)
Descendant(Deep Stone Crypt raid)
Fatebreaker(Vault of Glass raid)
Season Of The Risen Guides
Guardians will be working with Empress Caiatl to stop Savathun's Lucent Brood in Season of the Risen's PsiOps activity. Use your new Void abilities and crafted weapons to shut down Savathun's army of Light Guardians before it's too late. The guides below will help get you accustomed to this season's activity, progression system, and more.
- PsiOps Battleground Guide
- Season Of The Risen War Table Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Vox Obscura Mission
Bungie 30th Anniversary Guides
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack serves as a celebration of Bungie's past, a nostalgia-fueled DLC that harkens back to the days of Myth and Halo. Defeat enemies in a Nine game show called Dares of Eternity to chase the perfect Halo Battle Rifle, or descend into the Cosmodrome's Loot Cave to earn some of Destiny's most coveted items. And who could forget Gjallarhorn, arguably the most iconic weapon in the Destiny franchise? It's all here, waiting to be claimed by you and your fireteam. Use the guides below to learn how Dares of Eternity works, how to clear the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, and which weapon rolls you should be chasing from this DLC.
- Dares Of Eternity Guide
- Every Weapon In The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
- A Complete Guide To The Grasp Of Avarice Dungeon